Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Splendid Finds - Heidi & Finn

Around this time last year, I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before my next birthday. One of the items on this list was to make clothes for my niece, Sophia. December approached, and that check-box on my list remained empty. So, I was tremendously excited to come across Heidi & Finn -- an Etsy shop full of patterns for modern, chic children's clothes.

Once you purchase a pattern it is emailed to you in a PDF file. The file includes the pattern in a range of sizes and a full step-by-step tutorial complete with color photographs. The tutorials make it really easy for a novice sewer, like myself.

I used the Sweet Pocket Pinafore pattern and made a Christmas outfit for Sophie. I substituted ruffles for the suggested pocket, but otherwise stuck with the pattern.



From the back:


Since Christmas, I have made a few other things for her, including this hoodie:




If you are not much of a DIY-er, Heidi & Finn Studio sells ready-to-wear clothing and accessories with a similar aesthetic and cuteness factor. Enjoy!

1 comment: