Tuesday, March 23, 2010

For the Birds

First of all, let me apologize for the very poor photographs that are included in this post, especially the last one. My days have been a little packed, with very little time for re-shoots. Secondly, I know that I talked a lot about this on the old blog, but I haven't really mentioned it here. My sister and brother-in-law are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. (Sophia Mekdes. And she's pretty much perfect). This has been an incredibly long process, so the idea that they are leaving in mere days to meet her, and hold her, and then bring her home -- it's a little overwhelming and surreal. This adoption is the whole reason that I first started pursuing visual art. I started Project 8256 to help their family grow, and in return found my passion. We are in a season of abundance and immense gratitude, and we all feel that it was very much worth the wait.

So, understandably, I've been very excited about preparing for Sophia's arrival. And, while my personal taste leans more towards clean lines and my own wardrobe is about 1% pink, I keep finding myself saying things like, "Why wouldn't a tulle skirt be a good idea for a baby?" and "Pom-pom trim would be the perfect addition for those curtains" and "More pink!"..."More ruffles!"...you get the idea. The nursery has been such a fun collaboration -- grey walls, deer, white accents, birch trees...my favorite things. We decided that the trees needed birdhouses, so I've been locked away over the last few weekends creating what I originally thought would be such an easy project. It wasn't really, but that has much more to do with my apparent desire for extremely tedious projects. But, I'm please with the result, and I hope that Sophia will love them as well.











I promise to share pictures of the finished nursery...and of the little girl who gets to live there as well.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those birdhouses-- you have to post pictures of the whole nursery when you're able to!

    ReplyDelete