Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Monday - The Avett Brothers

My friend Zak and I share very similar tastes in music. We've lived in different cities for the last six years, but whenever we get together we always seem to share our latest music interests. So, when he was in town a couple of weeks ago and suggested I check out The Avett Brothers, I knew I could download two of their albums with confidence. He definitely didn't disappoint. As it says on their website, their style "defies pigeonholing but might be described as a rootsy amalgam of folk, country, bluegrass, rock and pop – even a jab of punk-style dynamics here and there." Their songs vary from gleefully upbeat to extraordinarily melancholy.

Zak recommends: "Die Die Die"
I recommend: "The Perfect Space" and "I and Love and You" (below)




Enjoy! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment