Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tiny Things

Emily Henderson (from my fave Secrets From a Stylist) started an amazing project, I'm A Giant!  She, along with several other bloggers, are creating fully-furnished dollhouses from scratch.  Doesn't sound like a cool project to you?  I get that, but the nine-year-old within me thinks it's the best project, like, ever.  I loved playing with my dollhouse as a young girl and look forward to sharing that with my niece and daughter(?) one day.

I, unfortunately, have zero time to build/decorate/furnish a dollhouse and even less space to store said dollhouse, so I am opting out of the project.  But, seeing all of the dreamy houses circling about has  me thinking about all things tiny.



This is a great option for those that want a more temporary option.  It ships flat and comes with furniture and accessories (including a grand piano and sewing machine).


I love this mobile, made of thirty paper houses. 
Delicate and airy.


Adam and Quincy of Pearson Maron make lots of incredible, tiny things like miniature polar bears, rabbits on wheels and itty factories like this one.  If only factories really did produce hearts and rainbows...


J Davis creates rings, necklaces, charms and earrings featuring tiny houses, but I like this Neighborhood Ring the best.  Don't think nine-year-old me wouldn't have had a story for every house on the block.  Trust me, she would have.


If I didn't have a horrible history of killing every plant to ever have entered my home, I would consider purchasing a little terrarium, or several.  I think this one with the tiny deer is fairly adorable.

And speaking of tiny deer...

I'm in love.

Check out Emily's blog for updates on the I'm A Giant! project and other lovely things.


2 comments:

  1. I love dollhouses so bad. This post makes my heart flutter in my chest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precisely why we are best friends.

    ReplyDelete