Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Cheer!

I love Christmas. The ten+ years I spent in retail tried to kill my Christmas spirit but, happily, it did not. Not one bit. I decided that, after many weekends of making things for The Girlie Show, I would spend this last weekend making something just for fun. I don't get to do that very often, so it was nice to spend time on a project just for myself.

For the past few years I have used two small Christmas tress -- without tree skirts. I never can seem to find skirts that are a) under $100 or b) not made of completely disgusting fabric. So, I've been improvising with fabric that I had on hand the last two years. Not this year!

I bought two yards of red felt (which, in hindsight, was way too much) and whipped up two tree skirts, perfectly sized for my little trees.








This was, actually, quite easy. It does require sewing, but all you really need to know is how to make ruffles. There are great tutorials online should you need a refresher. Once I created the ruffles, I simply sewed them onto the un-hemmed circle piece using a zig-zag stitch.

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment