Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Splendid Finds - Tush Tush

Last Christmas, I had Tali from Tush Tush create three original pastel drawings for various family members. It was a particularly emotional holiday for us, as my grandfather passed away just weeks before Christmas. When I found that Tali would do custom pieces for me from photographs I selected, I knew it was the perfect gift.

This is really the beauty of Etsy. There was an ease to the communication between us, and with the transaction in general -- and Tali lives is Israel. As an artist, it is amazing to know that my work has been purchased by people in Japan, Germany and Australia -- places I might not have access to otherwise. But to be able to give something so sentimental, by someone so genuinely kind -- who I never would have encountered without Etsy -- is remarkable. Here's what she created:


This was taken from a photograph of my grandmother holding me as a baby. Such chubby cheeks!


This was for my mother. I am on the left and my sister is on the right. We were/are incredibly happy, and I love that she included the artwork on the refrigerator.


I gave this to my aunt and uncle. Their beloved dog, Lynyrd, passed away last year as well. I knew that this was a favorite photo, so it seemed a natural choice.

Thanks, Tali!


No comments:

Post a Comment