Monday, November 1, 2010

A Work in Progress

I've been plugging away, preparing for the Girlie Show (which is now just days away!). I get a lot of questions about the process of constructing my original pieces. I was working on one last week and thought I would snap a few pics along the way. They're not the best photos, but I thought it would give you a good idea.


A few steps in. This is the fourth page.


After I finish cutting a page, I then trace it onto the next page. I then redraw the lines that I will cut, allowing for a small margin between the two pages.


Those steps are repeated (over and over again).


The final cuts. Tiny - and nothing at all like the original image.

I then paste the pages together, one by one.
The end result looks something like this:




Hooray!
xo,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment